Monday, October 20, 2008

USBC wants opinions...

I spoke at length with Brian (and Gary) at USBC this afternoon. 
The long and short of it all is that we must certify our medal tournaments (all but the Winter Break and Championship/Bash Tournaments) in order to qualify Jr Gold advancers this season. Unless I hear opinions to the contrary, I see no reason not to do so.
After our talk, I received the following e-mail from Brian Graham, in which he re-iterates a request he had made to me during our discussions. He wants in-put from youth and parents alike about the types of awards they would like to see for junior bowlers and the scores that should be necessary to obtain such awards.
Brian Graham to kathimccaw@gmail.com  5:01pm

Kathi,

I thank you for taking time to speak with us today.  We really do want to work with you to provide the very best tournament opportunities for youth bowlers, and I have a great deal of appreciation for the work that you do.

Please make sure that you get me some feedback on the USBC Youth awards program.  We are currently in the process of reviewing that program, and I am looking for information from the field.  Ideally, I would like to know what type of awards the youth bowlers are looking for and the scores required to earn those awards.  As you know, the program needs changes.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Brian
817-524-4473 (temp office)

I will be starting a thread on the message board. I hope everyone will chime in with their opinions, suggestions, etc. regarding a re-vamped youth bowler awards program so that we can send them on to Brian....

No comments: